Here’s a dose of what I think. When the work on my website, Film-Addict.com, is done and the time for me to expand my mind and fire off shots at the more general topics comes to mind, I come here. If you care to read, scroll or scan, I appreciate the eyes. A writer is only as good as his audience’s analysis.
- The IHOP Pancake house on Chippewa in St. Louis city is gone. A childhood establishment was closed months ago but was finally demolished this past week. It’s amazing when you literally see things change in your life. A place I went to over 100 times is gone now. Places like IHOP and Uncle Bill’s are old nostalgic treasures revered more for their personality than food. That place will be missed.
- It’s amazing the friendships one can create inside four months at one job. While the job wasn’t great, I did meet some interesting and good people at my current job. It’s crazy how many people we pass through in this life.
- Banshee is concluding its first season this Friday and I am literally on the edge of my seat waiting. It’s been a long time since I so anxiously waited for a season finale. This cinemax pleasure pack with a secret depth is coming back next year but what the hell will I do until then? Probably take up a retiring show like Southland.
- Flowers for your wife aren’t a bad idea if you can surprise her with them. Sure, they die, but they are damn pretty for two weeks with the right care and stand as a sign of appreciation. Saying they are a waste is kind of stupid. Buying a woman food can be called a waste because she eats it and releases it. Flowers mean something. I don’t get them for Rae every month but I do like to surprise her every once in a while.
- There’s nothing wrong with proposing to a woman at a sporting event. As long as she is not criminally shy or hates sports. If not, do it. Element of surprise is nice but not needed.
- There’s nothing wrong with standing in front of a charging basketball player getting ready to dunk either, poor Brandon Knight. At least you tried.